Saturday, February 21, 2015

Ira Glass on the Creative Process

I did not know that everyone went through a process like this. When I first started painting in July 2014, everything I did was ugly. Ugly ugly. I'm not even kidding. It was so frustrating to know what I saw in my head and then not be able to get the stuff on the paper to look anything like the vision.

Even now, I know that each piece has a fugly stage and I just have to keep on going through to get to the nicer piece. Well most of the time. Sometimes it just stays fugly and that's okay too.

Brilliant advice here in less than 2 minutes.



3 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

What a great video with such a sage message! I've found that the more I write, the more adept I get at it. Very inspiring message! xo T.

Magic Love Crow said...

Perfect! Excellent video! I have to say, even for me these days, I can paint a painting over and over again! Sometimes, I might have like 10 different layers on one painting. I always say, paint from your heart and you will never go wrong, even if you don't like what you have created! LOL! Hugs ;o)

Mindy said...

I feel like this could apply to anything creative. I dig it.