Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Books in the Mail

Don't you love getting books in the mail? Well, anything in the mail really. I just received an order from Amazon today so I'm feeling all new-book giddy. Here are the most recent goodies:



Show Your Work: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
Austin Kleon

He has also written "Steal Like An Artist" which apparently gives readers the key to unlock creativity. This second book (I guess I should have gotten the first one,..um first) shows how to get known.



The Van Gogh Blues: The Creative Person's Path through Depression
Eric Maisel

This is an author that I discovered through the Tranquility du Jour podcast. He has written a crazy number of books on depression, creativity, finding your life missions. This is my first of his.



Paradise in Plain Sight: Lessons from a Zen Garden
Karen Maezen Miller

This is another author that I discovered through an interview on Tranquility du Jour and I really enjoyed listening to her. This book promises to provide "Zen lessons in fearlessness, forgiveness, presence, acceptance, and contentment." I could stand to learn more about all of them.



Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Brene Brown

I am in the middle of another one of her books, The Gifts of Imperfection, and I really like her writing style. She uses a lot of personal examples and is quick to show you her vulnerability which makes her all the more interesting and compelling. I am using my highlighter a lot, lol.



My theme word for this year is "Happiness" and with these books, I am striving to bring more happiness into my day-to-day life. I will certainly keep you posted on how I feel about them. (hopefully happy, ha ha)

Have you read any of them? Maybe on your to-read list?

3 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

I adore getting books in the mail! It's been far too long since I've ordered in the mail (I've been ordering ebooks off of iTunes, recently). You've got some good ones here, Terry! T.

Kei said...

Ooh I've heard of 'Daring Greatly'! It's mentioned in another book I've read recently (The Art of Asking, by Amanda Palmer) and has found its way onto my wishlist!
Hope you enjoy your shiny new books! :D

Mindy said...

Oh, to make time for reading again. I miss it. These are all new to me.