Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Art Gym

I did something new today. I popped into The Art Gym. This is the coolest place. They have a bunch of tables set up and all the art supplies you could want to use: acrylics, oils, watercolours, pastels, charcoals, pencils, markers, instruction books, yadda yadda. They even have a pottery wheel. No kidding.

Sam showed me around. I should have gotten a picture of Sam,...what was I thinking? Anyway,...

I thought I would try some soft pastels which turned out to be quite hard (what's up with that?) and found out that they are messy and I suck at them. No, truly suck. I switched to charcoal,...um, same deal - messy and sucked. Switched to a pencil and just plain felt lame.

Fortunately, the deal I picked up for the month membership also included a free lesson. Phew. Already left a message to set that up. :)


5 comments:

Tara @ Suburble said...

Very cool, Terry! I wish we had a place like that. I would probably get lost in my messy work.

You'll have to tell us how the lesson goes!

Magic Love Crow said...

Terry, this sounds fantastic! You must take pictures, please! I have never heard of anything like this! I would love to make some pottery! I have only made a vase and that was back in high school! Hugs ;o)

Tina Bradley said...

What a fab way to spend a Tuesday--or any day for that matter! Sounds heavenly! It's been years since I used charcoal, but I also found it a bit messy. Joy & hugs, T.

Mindy said...

That sorta sounds amazing. Who's idea was it to have kids anyway. You get to have all the fun.

Kei said...

That place sounds so awesome! Hope you'll share your creations you make when you're there :D