Monday, October 21, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Soul Suckers

Have you ever been stuck in the company of someone who sucks your soul dry? Maybe they prattle on endlessly without asking you a single question. Or maybe they are the type to whine on and on about every little mishap like it's the end of the world. Or maybe everybody else is stupid (of course not them).



By the time you've spent a half hour with this person, you are exhausted. When you think about how bad it feels to be around this type of person, it doesn't take much thought to recognize that it's so important to be around positive people most of the time.

source
It would be fabulous if we could always choose with whom we share our time, but that's not always possible. When it is, however, we should strive to pick people who soothe our psyche, support our goals, sympathize with our troubles, savour our idiosyncrasies. People who energize us, make us dream bigger, help us to like ourselves more.

Too many people will tear you down, leaving you tired and empty. Choose the other ones.

8 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

We all know one--maybe more. ;) It's taken me years to understand I can limit my time with those who disturb my calm (a.k.a soul suckers). xo T.

Mindy said...

Oh my GOD, I have one of these people. Thankfully, my time with them is always short.

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Oh boy! I've met many people like that over the years.

Unknown said...

We all know some of those, don't we?

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

You wouldn't have anyone in mind, would you?? ;)

Magic Love Crow said...

Vampire soul suckers! Oh yes! I know these people very well! They take your energy away from you!!! Leave you dizzy and sick!! I circle myself with a bright white light every morning, before I leave my bedroom, for protection. I actually do the entire house, the cars, mom everything ;o) I also have my stones and where a special pendant ;o) All these things help me very well ;o) I didn't use to do these things and my energy was sucked out of me all the time! Not any more! Hehehehehehehe ;o) LOL! Hugs ;o)

Pitter and Glink said...

Well said! Thanks for the encouragement!

ChiWei @ One Dog Woof said...

I just saw this on Pinterest today: “A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.” - Oscar Wilde So let's not be soul-sucking bores :-) Unicorns forever!