Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Jealousy

Do all roads lead to gratitude? Sometimes I wonder. Take jealousy for example:


source

If you focus on the blessings, for example, of that gal next door you may start to notice things like:

her perfect face, hair, makeup, clothing, and blog;
her handsome husband with the fabulous, high-paying job;
her cute and intelligent children;
her well-behaved golden retriever;
her weedless gardens and evergreen lawn;
and on and on,...

Then you start to feel bad about yourself in comparison, and jealousy creeps in.

So instead of going down that comparison road to jealousy, how about making a pitstop at gratitude? It's difficult to feel bad about yourself when you are noticing all of the amazing things that fill your own life. Next thing you know, you've forgotten all about your amazing neighbour (whose life honestly isn't as great as it looks - and you know that) and you're living your own life and feeling fine.

Are you the jealous type?

5 comments:

Adrianne Surian said...

This is what I remind myself of EVERY TIME someone says their baby sleeps through the night. It keeps me from punching them. Because I'm tired. :P

But seriously - great post!!

Tina Bradley said...

I agree with Adrianne--great post! And, I adore her comment--made me smile!!! :)

Mindy said...

I'm not jealous at all. I'm totally that gal next door. Hahahahahahahaha. I crack myself up.
I honestly think I'm pretty good at not envying other people's possessions or lives. I'm well aware that what looks pretty on the outside, ain't always all that pretty on the inside. And all that fancy stuff, may mean thousands of dollars in debt. I'm just fine with my ghetto-ass paid for shit. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post girl! I really try not to feel jealousy, or envy. They are horrible feelings and don't do anything for you!! I always try to look at me first and tell myself, I am a sexy Crow Goddess! LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

ChiWei @ One Dog Woof said...

I have a perfectly behaved golden retriever, thanks. Except when she rolls in cat poo and runs through poison ivy. And now I also know not to tell Adrianne when my kid sleeps through the night... :-)