Sunday, October 20, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Different

Are you afraid of being too different? A little leery of standing out from the crowd? What if the descriptor was changed from 'different' to,...

One-of-a-kind. Unique. Special. Distinctive. Exclusive. Rare.

Does that sound better? Feel better?


Different is good. Different is finding your niche, uncovering your gifts, discovering your tribe.

Not everybody is going to like what you're doing, or even who you are. That's not just okay, that's fabulous. Be who are you and be the best damn you that you can be.

Don't be afraid of being different. It's the only way to realize the dream you were meant to achieve.

source
source

4 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

Totally agree! Being different means making a difference--as it gives others the permission to do the very same thing. :) xo T.

Kei said...

Fantastic post! This should be taught to kids from a really young age.

Paper And Ponder said...

Your post reminded me that each & every one of us, despite similarities and shared views & interests, is ultimately different. This, in turn, prompted me to think about how becoming courageous & comfortable with being & expressing our "different" selves can resonate with others, & by reaching out through sharing our different perspectives, we can end up connecting on common ground.

Magic Love Crow said...

I agree with this post SO MUCH!!! I have a hardy laugh, I crazy with my art and I like being me!!! If someone gives me the evil eye or says something against me, well that is their Karma, not mine, right ;o) I want to be me, not anyone else! I will forever be without botox! LOL! Hugs ;o)