Sunday, October 27, 2013

Healthier Inner Dialogue - Compassion

If all roads lead to gratitude, then all streams must lead to compassion. Can you imagine if our world was filled with gratitude and compassion? I can't imagine we would need a single other thing (okay, I'll throw in love - but that's it).



I know how easy it is to get caught up in our lives and our problems and our irritations and forget about other people and what they are going through. This is one of the easier things to do to make ourselves happier - feel (and show) compassion towards others.

source
I love this -- "Nobody needs your judgment, but everyone could do with a little compassion." Isn't that the truth.

I have discovered that nothing can shut down a bad mood faster than feeling compassion towards someone else. A great reminder to practice being other-centered instead of self-centered.


3 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

That quote is golden! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Paper And Ponder said...

I agree. By approaching life with gratitude and compassion, we reward both ourselves & others.

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post!! Very wise words ;o) Hugs ;o)