Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What Are You Reading?

In an attempt to address some of the stupidity that causes me anxiety, I should first admit that calling it stupidity is neither helpful nor compassionate, and rephrase.  So,...

In an attempt to address some of the issues that are swirling around in my head and causing me anxiety (better? I think so), I am putting some effort into becoming more self-aware and mindful.  Right now, I am reading like crazy and listening to podcasts to help with this.


This is my current pile of books:


I have actually finished the Plot & Structure book (loved it) and have just started on The Best Year of Your Life.  So far so good.

What are you reading?  And do you read one book at a time or do you have a couple going at once?

5 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I am reading nothing...can you believe it?...but the Forgotten Garden is on my list!

Tina Bradley said...

I tend to read several at a time--usually. :) Right now, I'm reading Remember Who You Are: Seven Stages on a Woman's Journey of Spirit (hope to finish it by month's end), The Artist's Way (extended) read and skimming several books while I'm putting together a book proposal: Promote Your Book: Over 250 Proven, Low-Cost Tips..., Getting Your Book Published for Dummies, and How to Write a Book Proposal.

Mindy said...

I'm still trying to get through the second Fifty Shades book. Not exactly fine literature. I'm gonna pin the one you mentioned, though.
I can't read more than one at a time. And normally, if I'm reading a book, that's ALL I'm doing until I finish it.

Kei said...

Not reading anything at the moment, but have 'The Bromeliad' by Terry Pratchett (anthology of 'Truckers'/'Diggers'/'Wings') and 'Strong Imagination' by David Nettle sitting by the bed, waiting to be opened! I only ever read one book at a time, though lol

Magic Love Crow said...

If I read, I only really read one book a year. It's not that I don't like to read, but I am always thinking, I could be painting! LOL!