Friday, July 20, 2012

Playing with Flower Photos

I have been making a conscious effort to get out into the yard to practise my photography skills.  That seems to be going fairly well (more fair shots than crap shots I believe, and yes, my criteria is that low, lol), so I moved on to playing with the photos.

PicMonkey and Picasa were my weapons of choice.  Here's how the session turned out:

This one is my favourite.  I love the interesting texture highlighted in the eye of the flower.  This look was achieved using Picasa, neon feature.



This was the PicMonkey, Holga treatment.  This one reminds me of the expensive Ikea prints.



This was some heavy cropping and the Picasa, Orton-ish feature.  More colourful than I usually like.



Even heavier cropping (mostly just the eye of the flower) and the Picasa, duo-tone feature.



I like this one too for its texture.  I used Picasa, first HDR-ish and then the duo-tone in a monochromatic combo.


Do you play around with your photographs?  What is your favourite subject?
>

7 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh that first one looks like it's electrified! So cool. No, I don't play around with my pictures much. Very nice photos...glad they meet your stringent criteria!

Gloria said...

I do play sometimes, and still need to try Picasa.

Your experiments are fun, the colorful one is a standout. I like that you can just change your mind and turn the look around with these programs.

Tina Bradley said...

Flower photos are so wonderful, aren't they? Hard to choose a favorite... Maybe the Holga treatment? They are all great. T.

Mindy said...

Those are so cool. I won't allow myself to play with any of the editing tools. I know me and me would become addicted.

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly all of these are fantastic! Love all the different ideas you played with, when doing these! I have to admit, I am just a plain old photographer! LOL! I know nothing about all these fancy things! But, I love what you are doing! I photograph anything that catches my eye ;o) Take Care ;o)

Paper And Ponder said...

Terri, your Neon version looks like great inspiration for a painting or mixed media piece, & your Holga version looks like it's frame ready! : ) Hmmm...difficult to choose favorite subjects, but if I had to, I'd say anything out in nature or in gardens.

Unknown said...

I love to play around with editing photos! It's so fun to see the different looks the effects can make! I love all the ones you have shown here. I have never used Pissca though...